Hiking strap

iain_CAN165061

Does this work for the hiking strap adjustment line? I haven’t used it yet, but I think it might.

Attachments

• hiking adj.jpg
    hiking adj.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 187
Hi Iain,
the way is right to the solution, but I´m not sure about the bigger loop of the knot that is nearer to the hikingstrap (let this knot away and also the endof the ease-line to the metall-eye). Go an search at the "tip and hint"-area of www_roostersailing_com. There is a pic with a hikingstrap adjustment(works with a shockord) "a la" Stephen Cockerill. In variation (of drLaser), you can use a shockcord-loop, that goes direct from the camcleat of the traveller to the ent of the hikingstrap.
Ciao
LooserLu

It is the same basic design as steve's one. Knot A is the same, along with line b and loop d. i just added a knot B. Loop c tightens the adjustment lines, while line a loosens it through the eye. Again, the picture (i.e. placements of knots, lenths of lines and loops). Loop c would b long, maybe with a few simple knots for grip. while line a would b long also with maybe a braid at then end. loop d would b small as its porpouse is to hav line b run through it.

Attachments

• hiking adj.jpg
    hiking adj.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 147
  • steve.jpg
    steve.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 145
The picture of Goeff's is what I use. It workd great for me. Juts make sure you have the right diameter line because if it's too small, it seems to slip a bit when you're hiking really hard.

macwas16 said:
The picture of Goeff's is what I use. It workd great for me. Juts make sure you have the right diameter line because if it's too small, it seems to slip a bit when you're hiking really hard.
I think I'm using 3/16" line. I don't think anything much larger in diameter would fit through the pad-eyes.

Cheers,

Geoff S.

Back